Institute Alion at the State Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia
The Alion Institute participates in the Council for a Brighter Future for Animals.
Ljubljana, January 16, 2023The meeting, the first of its kind at the National Assembly, was attended by more than 30 representatives of non-governmental organizations and government leaders.
A representative of the Alion Institute, Mrs. Tyasha A. attended the Council for a Better Future of Animals. The meeting was organized by the State Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia, Urska Klakocar Zupancic.
Source: Instagram. Peta. Alion Instiutte.
The consultation also included the participation of the President of the Republic of Slovenia, Natasa Pirc Musar, Prime Minister of the Republic of Slovenia, dr. Robert Golob, Minister Irena Sinko and others.
Several Slovenian non-governmental organizations were invited to the consultation and more than 30 took part in it. Along with other non-governmental organizations, we have laid out the challenges we face in our work.
We have all tried to work out solutions in consultation with Minister Urska Klakocar Zupancic and other government leaders.
Source: Peta Organization
In conjunction with other non-governmental organizations, we make the following points in our presentations:
- Upgrade existing animal laws.
- Update Animal Cruelty Acts.
- Improve reactivity of competent authorities.
- To improve the reactivity of veterinary inspections.
- Sanctions for non-compliant veterinary checks.
- Decrease in abandoned cats.
- Installation of video surveillance in slaughterhouses.
- Setting up shelters for abused farm animals.
- Establishment of programs in school that would educate on protecting animals. Currently, there are no programs in schools to educate on the protection of animal rights.
Broadcasts and reports from the National Assembly, the Nation Cuncil.